Cizeron Bio connects stakeholders in the organic sector around responsible values and nutritional performance.
For us, successful animal nutrition stems from high quality ingredients (cereals, proteins, vitamins and trace elements), as well as advice adapted to the needs of the animals and in partnership with the breeders, in order to meet the same goal: animal well-being which contributes to improving human nutrition.
A company in harmony with its market
- In 1973, Cizeron Bio became the first company in its field to be certified organic. Its activity is entirely dedicated to the nutrition and management of organic livestock farms.
- Our geographical position is ideally situated : in the heart of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, at the centre of the French organic farming industry and communication routes.
- Our technical and economic decisions are taken in consultation with the breeders and their requirements. Controlling the balance thanks to our expertise but above all thanks to our privileged relationship with the breeder, the animals and their breeding, with the monitoring of technical performance and the setting up of field tests.
- With strong territorial roots in the rural sector of the Monts du Lyonnais, our company has created a solid philosophy over the decades to develop an agricultural model adapted to current and future generations.
Unquestionable ethics in the organic sector
- Our global approach goes far beyond the use of organic raw materials alone. The choice of organic products is based on ethics and a deep commitment that drives our strategic orientations, our production choices and our customer relations.
- Optimised coordination between our raw material purchases and our actions: our supply chain flow is thought out and rationalised every day to reduce our environmental impact. In 2019, nearly 90% of our trucks leaving to deliver feed to the farms returned loaded with raw materials.
- A genuine local partnership with our suppliers and cereal farmers. The fruit of continuous work, today more than 70% of our raw materials come from the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes and Burgundy-Franche-Comté regions. On the whole, more than 85% of our raw materials are French, with the remainder coming from European border countries.
- Our speciality: protein resources, a key issue for our markets. We have diversified our protein sources in order to become involved in local oilseed and protein crop production chains. This allows us to distance ourselves from the international trade in soya cake.
- Our technical and industrial expertise has enabled us to design our feeds with an unrivalled diversity of raw materials. This gives animals crucial nutritional benefits, enabling demanding performance levels to be achieved.
Our commitment, to guarantee technical expertise, reliability and safety to our customers
- Our traceability and quality control procedures, from field to feed, have been developed alongside the French organic cereal industry for almost 50 years.
- A field team made up of trained specialists: through daily exchanges with our farmers and partners, we are constantly seeking to improve our feeds to meet the needs of animals.
- A Research & Development team is active every day to quantify and precisely adapt our formulas. Our production site is constantly integrating new technology into more than 450 feed formulas, while fulfilling our performance and traceability requirements.
- A unique industrial process enables us to develop proteins locally and blend them into protein technology cores, with nutritional properties adapted to the requirements of tomorrow’s market
(1st Special Organic Prize, 2019 Livestock Summit).